Sunday, February 6, 2011

Pizza Bites and soup night

So yesterday, my friend Marie-Claude and I decided to try these Pizza Bites from Annie's Eats .
We used her pizza crust recipe (we used active dry yeast instead of instant yeast and it worked great) and made the pizza sauce she suggested.



In general, I thought it was an awesome recipe. But there were mistakes made and changes I'll make next time I try this recipe...cause OH YES! It will be made again!!

Here aresome of the changes I'll make and some mistakes:

Mistake #1 : The Pizza Bites recipe requires only half a dough batch to make 20 to 24 bites...well...we forgot that detail and made 24 bites with the whole batch...when we could of made 48 bites!! Needless to say, Mistake #2 followed.

Mistake #2: The Filling to dough ratio was way off! hahaha !!!

Mistake #3: The green olives we added to the stuffing were really bland. (we stuffed them with cheese and green olives)

Change #1: I will be adding GARLIC to these glorious bites! And maybe Chorizo, or shrimp, or Brie, or...aaaaaah the ideas!!!! :o)

Change #2: The Pizza sauce. I did not like it at all. It was lacking in flavors and it tasted only of tomatoes. So next time I'll probably just use some garlic sauce or some pesto sauce or pizza sauce.........

As for the soup, well we had:

Chicken broth
Chicken Left over
Carrots
Frozen Yellow beans
Frozen Edamame
Zucchini
Mushrooms
Red onions
Celery
1 can Tomato soup
Potatoes
a VARIETY a herbs and spices I had at home
and lots of love :o)

Have a Good sunday every body

Peace <3

1 comment:

  1. Let's try that again sometimes. We can only do it better from now :D

    ReplyDelete