Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Cream of leek soup and Cheddar cheese pretzel

 For a while now, I`ve been wanting to to make Cheese pretzel sticks and cream of leek soup.

I FINALLY did it tonight.

Picture take from this Blog

Olive Oil
3 leeks, white parts only (Tonight I used 5)
2 potatoes (I add 1 for every extra leek)(Tonight I used 4)
Vegetable or chicken broth Or simply water
a pinch of salt

Cut Leeks and potatoes in chunks.
Heat Olive Oil.
Add leeks and potatoes.
Stir until all veggies are covered in oil.
Add salt.
Add enough broth or water to level with the veggies.
Cook until potatoes are tender.
Blend the soup to make a unctuous cream. (Blend parts at a time because the contents are realllly hot)

To accompany this soup, I made these Yummy yummies.

 Picture taken from Annie's Blog



These are not the ones I made... hehehe ...I couldn't take a picture cause the battery for my camera was charging and We couldn't wait to eat 'em!!!


2 things I`ll do differently next time: 


#1 - I will not use whole wheat flour. It tasted great but I wanted the "pretzel" look.
#2 - I will not make these when my daughter is clingny...

This is a repeat recipe for sure!
It was easy to make, it didn't take more than 1/2 hour.
It was MM mm good!!! :o)

Peace <3

1 comment:

  1. hahahaah and they werent as nice looking as those ones... but there was some potiential in them!! keep practicing and makes me more samples to try out mmmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete