Friday, October 7, 2011

Lacking in picture taking!!

Hey!

It's been a month! <3

A few weeks ago I picked up this Broccoli Cream recipe from I don't know where ?( O_o )? But it looked so good.
I LOVE broccoli. I could eat it everyday for the rest of my life, along with shrimp and toast.

So I tried the recipe and BOY I wasn't disappointed! It tasted great!

Here's the recipe:

1 head of Broccoli, cut into bite size
2 1/2 tbsp Butter
2 tbsp Olive Oil
1 large shallot (or 1 small onion) Chopped
2 large garlic cloves, minced
3/4  cup cream
salt and pepper
2 cups vegetable stock
2 chicken breasts, cut
Pasta of your choice, about 2 cups, uncooked

Prepare the chosen pasta. Drain but keep a tbsp of cooking water in the pasta. Set aside.
Boil vegetable stock in a large pan.
Add chicken and cook all the way through. Set aside.
Steam your broccoli about 5 minutes and set aside, preferably in iced water.
Melt the butter and Olive Oil in a large pan.
Cook shallot and garlic on medium heat until softened, about 4 minutes.
Add your creamand cook a few minutes.
Be sure to stir semi constantly to prevent burning.
Add Broccoli, chicken, pasta, salt and pepper to taste and stir to combine.


ENJOY!


No comments:

Post a Comment