Thursday, September 8, 2011

Dreamy Chocolate mud cake

Ok all you chocolate lovers, check this out.

I had a buddy of mine ask me to make his moms birthday cake. He asked that it be all chocolate, no fondant.
I loved the idea!

I had been wanting to try out a chocolate mud cake and this was the perfect occasion!
I made a trial cake a few days before, just to be certain that, you know, it was a good recipe....and boy was it ever GREAT!!!!!

For my buddy's cake, I added some crushed some Skor bars as a filling AND as the outer layer of the cake. I made some Chocolate roses to decorate.
I made the (Delicioussssssssssss) Ganache for the cake.......chocolate heaven!

Everything went great...all the way to the end.

The only counter space available in my kitchen was right there, in front of my AC....and being like 10000degres plus humidity outside, I didn't turn said AC off. And to be truthful, I didn't think it would matter..... it did matter.
The outside of the cake formed a reaaaaaaaally hard crust....so hard it was hard to cut it...

.... Darn it!

BUT,  the inside of the cake was still super moist and it tasted great.

Check out this sweeeeeeeeet godly nectar!!!

 The roses turned out great! I didn't use real leafs though. I just used a leaf cutter for fondant.

 The yummy looking cake!! hehehe!

Thanks Leigh for the challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment