Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Pumpkin cookies with a cream cheese icing

SO, a month has gone by since my last post.
It's harder than it looks to keep up this blog, I guess I haven't found my inner writer yet.

Oh Inner Writer, where are thou inner writer!

In the last month I have made a bunch of delicious yummies!
Cookies, breads, cupcakes,......................

Every year, during fall, I ALWAYS go pumpkin crazy.
I make lattes, savory's and sweets, ALLLLL Things pumpkin.
Here's one of the yummies pumpkin recipes I've EVER tried!! 
I found it on www.sweetpeaskitchen.com :

                    
(Click on the link for the printer friendly version)
Ingredients:
  • 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, softened
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1 1/4 cup canned pumpkin puree
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 4 oz. cream cheese
  • 3/4 cup powdered sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ground cloves, and salt; set aside.
  2. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter and sugars. Add pumpkin, egg, and vanilla to butter mixture, and beat until creamy. Stir in the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture by hand until just combined. Drop on prepared baking sheets by heaping tablespoonfuls; Butter the bottom of a drinking glass and then dip the bottom of the glass in a bowl of sugar. Flatten the dough balls with the bottom of the glass until they are about ¾ inch thick, dipping the glass in sugar as necessary to prevent sticking.
  3. Bake in preheated oven for 13 to 15 minutes. Cool cookies on wire rack. Once cookies have cooled completely, frost or drizzle with cream cheese frosting.
  4. While the cookies are cooling make frosting: In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar and pumpkin pie spice and beat until smooth and creamy.

This recipe is seriously yummy. The icing is super tasty and the cookies are slightly crunchy on the outside and super soft on the inside. Once i took 'em out of the oven, I waited 5 minutes before removing them from the cookie sheet. I then transfered them to a cooling rack where I left them for 5 hours. I'm glad I did that because it gave them the chance to harden just a little more and made the cookie just a little crunchier!!

Give these a shot and lemme know how It went!

Peace <3

    No comments:

    Post a Comment